You can apply for a Practice Licence at any time of year. Applications will be processed within 28 days.
Please call ICB, or send an email, to request the Practice Licence Application Form to be posted out to you.
You can request the form to be sent by email but it must be returned in hard copy.
You are usually required to retain your Practice Licence even if you have reduced the size of your practice, are no longer charging a fee, or have reached retirement age. Please contact ICB on 0845 060 2345 to discuss the details of your situation.
If you are no longer in public practice please let ICB know at the earliest opportunity and send notification in writing. You will be sent a Non-Practising Declaration Form to sign to confirm you have closed the practice and completed the necessary steps to officially cease trading.
You will be liable for all outstanding Practice Licence fees up to and including the forthcoming year's renewal fee unless written notification that you have ceased practising is received at least one month prior to the due date of your renewal fee.
When we send your Practice Licence Application Form you will automatically receive our handy A4 guide on setting up a bookkeeping business.
Although the Practice Licence is compulsory for members in public practice, there are many exclusive benefits to being part of the scheme:
- Automatic cover, at no extra cost, under the Money Laundering Regulations (as legally required by all bookkeepers in public practice)
- Use of the ICB heraldic crest on your website, promotional materials and stationery
- Stationery templates and ready-made bookkeeper flyers at discounted rates through VistaPrint
- Access to more job vacancies
- Discounted Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Enhanced telephone support including marketing advice
- Access to restricted web content to include:
Marketing and advertising guidance
Advice on contacting accountants and potential clients
Advice on writing letters of engagement and contracts
As a Practice Licence holder you are required to have Professional Indemnity Insurance for your business. This is the only insurance you are required to take out and it will cover you in the event of any clients making a claim against you.
We will send further details with your Practice Licence Application Form.
> Professional Indemnity Insurance information