ICB is the standard setter for the profession. Members benefit from enhanced professional status, global recognition, on-going support, £100s of savings, and the kinship of the world’s most engaged bookkeeper community.
There are many benefits that come with being a member or student of ICB including globally recognised qualifications and professional status, on-going support and assistance, as well as huge discounts on your personal and professional shopping with ICB's exclusive discounts scheme, ICBenefits.
- Professional letters after your name
- ICB sealed membership certificate
- Membership card
- Eligibility for NUS card during period of study
- Premium web access for technical help sheets & document templates
- Online job vacancy search
- Online bookkeepers forum
- Technical advice line for practical help with bookkeeping work
- Business rescue & insolvency advice line from FASimms and Partners (0845 200 8291)
- Exclusive member discount for Filtered's online Excel, Word and Powerpoint training
- Legal, VAT & tax advice line
- Legislation updates and newsletter
- CV and job application advice
- Business startup guidance
- Ready-made stationery and marketing materials for Practice Licence holders through ICBusiness
- Local networking & training events
- CPD resources (Continuing Professional Development)
- Priority discounted tickets for the annual Bookkeepers Summit
Save £100s with ICBenefits cashback and rewards
ICB members and students together save almost £10,000 each month with the revolutionary cashback and rewards scheme ICBenefits. With savings at top retailers including Sainsbury's, Tesco, PC World, M&S and House of Fraser, and travel agents including ebookers, Virgin Holidays and Thomas Cook, money can be saved on everything from toothpaste to the holiday of a lifetime.
These are just some of the savings you can make with ICBenefits*:
- £390.00 per year on groceries (5% off at Sainsbury's)
- £5.00 per week on toiletries (10% off at boots)
- £7.60 per month on perfume (10% off + 10% cashback at The Fragrance Shop)
- £45.00 on a new suit (10% off House of Fraser)
- £175.33 per year on car insurance (InsureCompare saving + £30.00 cashback)
- £132.36 per year on home insurance (InsureCompare saving + £30.00 cashback)
- £0.50 per day on coffee (10% off at Costa)
- £50.00 on a family holiday (3.5% cashback at Expedia.co.uk)
- £240.00 per year on gym membership (25% off at LA Fitness)
*These savings are an example of how much can be saved based on average spending of a family of four. Discounts and savings are subject to change at any point.
Registering for ICBenefits is free for ICB members and students, and the savings could more than cover the cost of the ICB annual membership fee.
Find out more
"I booked a £200 per night hotel room for £50 with ICBenefits! It's a fantastic way to save on everyday purchases."
David Long AICB
Learn about the types of savings you can make every day with the ICBenefits video below:
NUS Extra Student Card
Save even more with NUS Extra student discount:
ICB students and members are eligible for the National Student Union’s discount scheme, NUS Extra. This means that in addition to all the fantastic discounts you receive on your everyday shopping with ICBenefits, you can save 5% at Amazon, 10% on Co-op food, up to 15% at Apple, and an amazing 25% with National Express.
An annual student card costs just £12. To start saving today, click here: https://cards.nusextra.co.uk/?utm_source=Am-I-Eligible-Page&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=Am-I-Eligible-Page and follow the instructions.
This offer is only available to ICB students and members who are studying towards an ICB qualification. A valid ICB student or membership number is required upon application for verification purposes.
Students and members can update account details, book an exam, apply for a job or choose a new password all in MyICB.
Keep up to date with events that shape the bookkeeping world and the members' calendar.
Are you a business owner or new startup? Find out how to keep good records & hire a bookkeeper.
Still searching? Take a look through our FAQs to see if you can find an answer to your question.
Log in to
ICBenefits to save
ICBenefits is the award-winning membership benefits scheme that helps ICB students & members pay less for their everyday shopping.
Find out more
It’s a fantastic way to save on every day purchases!
David Long AICB